Application Engineer II
At nTopology, we are passionate about building next generation engineering solutions. We enable the most innovative engineering companies in the world to transform how they develop, test, and manufacture better products faster. Our software has been used to engineer mission-critical satellites, deliver stronger and lighter medical implants for patients in need, and allow engineers to create complex, high-performance products never before possible. If a fast-paced, collaborative and high-performing environment excites you, we'd love for you to join us.
Application engineers work directly with customers in deploying nTopology software to solve their most challenging engineering tasks. An ability to analyze a range of complex problems, distill their core requirements, and devise creative and innovative solutions on the fly is a necessity.
- Work closely with prospective and existing customers and partners to develop a fluent understanding of their workflows, problems, and engineering goals. Using this information, communicate the voice of the customer to the nTopology product team, and deliver this value to customer applications.
- Work with sales and marketing to provide technical and practical guidance on adoption and deployment of nTopology products.
- Benchmark and demonstrate nTopology products as part of the technical sales process.
- Develop demonstration parts and workflows to illustrate the value of nTopology products to customers.
- Work with the nTopology team to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging regarding nTopology value to prospects.
- Assist the training and customer success teams as needed.
- Conduct software demos for prospective customers and partners.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer accounts.
- Mentor and lead application engineering interns.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, plus 2 years of industrial experience (a highly-relevant Master’s degree can be substituted).
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (at least one of: Solidworks, PTC Creo, Siemens NX, Catia, etc.).
- Experience with FEA and/or CFD (at least one of: Abaqus, Ansys, Fluent, Nastran, LS-Dyna, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of various manufacturing processes and mechanical engineering practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical analysis and linear statics.
- Willing to travel to conferences and customer sites (up to 50%).
- Industry-specific experience in one (or several) of: aerospace, automotive, defense, medical, industrial design, heavy industry/manufacturing.
- Experience with PLM tools a plus.
- Engineering skills: design for manufacturing, hands-on AM experience and/or CNC-programming, CAM, design of experiments, structural/thermal/fluid analysis.
- Software skills a plus (Python or C++, Git, Visual Studio, Zendesk).
- Experience with technical sales including using Salesforce a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Strong organization, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience with publishing and content generation (video, print, 3D modelling or animation tools, etc.). Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience in conference presentations, training workshops, and other public speaking engagements.
- competitive salary
- outstanding PTO and leave policy
- STD & LTD
- commuter benefits
- weekly team lunch
nTopology is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. nTopology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.